20 for 2020 - Our new exciting challenge to help us survive the impact of COVID 19
See events page for more details
We are pleased to welcome Laura Martin as our new manager. Laura commenced her role with us on 14th April.
Most of our staff are now working from Home. You and your call are important to us, if no reply call mobile 07535 930890,and we can put you in touch with the relevant person or email email@example.com
We will still be contacting you to see how you are and carry out your stroke review
A local independent charity - established in 1987 provides advice, support and information to people who have suffered a stroke and their families/friends through:
- the provision of information packs – free of charge,
- people to visit - many of our volunteers are people who have themselves suffered a stroke or have experience of some-one who is affected by a stroke,
- support groups,
- listening to peoples worries and concerns, being a sympathetic ear.
Our office is usually open Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, and usually someone is available, but in case everyone is involved with a group or visits, why not call us or email prior to your visit to ensure we can be there to meet you.
Support for people after a stroke
All people admitted to hospital following a stroke are referred to us. We will contact you whilst you are in hospital, a week after discharge and then as often as you feel it is necessary.
All people are entitled to a review at 6 weeks, 6 months and 12 months after their stroke. We will contact you to carry out these
- We believe that “Life goes on after a stroke”, but finding the way forward and coming to terms with what has happened is never easy.
- We aim to ensure that people who have suffered a stroke and their families are represented within the local and health economy.