You are important to us, the way we work changes to meet the demands of COVID 19. The office is usually manned Monday to Thursday 9 am to 5pm, if we do not answer you it may mean we are busy talking to some one else, please leave us a message and we will call you back, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call the mobile 07535 9300890
We will still be contacting you to see how you are and carry out your stroke review
New Group activities are planned, see the group page for more details
A local independent charity - established in 1987 provides advice, support and information to people who have suffered a stroke and their families/friends through:
- the provision of information packs – free of charge,
- people to visit - many of our volunteers are people who have themselves suffered a stroke or have experience of some-one who is affected by a stroke,
- support groups,
- listening to peoples worries and concerns, being a sympathetic ear.
Our office is usually open Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, and usually someone is available, but in case everyone is involved with a group or visits, why not call us or email prior to your visit to ensure we can be there to meet you.
Support for people after a stroke
All people admitted to hospital following a stroke are referred to us. We will contact you whilst you are in hospital, a week after discharge and then as often as you feel it is necessary.
All people are entitled to a review at 6 weeks, 6 months and 12 months after their stroke. We will contact you to carry out these
- We believe that “Life goes on after a stroke”, but finding the way forward and coming to terms with what has happened is never easy.
- We aim to ensure that people who have suffered a stroke and their families are represented within the local and health economy.